7 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Sintra And Cascais In Portugal
Sintra and Cascais, together with Lisbon form part of a triangle of amazing sights you need to visit when you’re around the capital city of Portugal. They’re located within very short commute of Lisbon (approx 30 minutes) and costs pennies (less than £2) to visit so there’s almost no reason why you shouldn’t visit these amazing Portuguese towns.
If however, you’re struggling to find reasons to visit these beautiful, here are 7 reasons why you need to visit Sintra And Cascais in Portugal:
1. Cascais has no shortage of amazing beaches, meaning you can have the best of both worlds, a city/town break with a beach break! The beaches are absolutely fantastic, especially as you go along the coast, but you don’t have to go far to get a beach, there are several within minutes walk from the city centre.
2. Sintra has a whole lot of beautiful UNESCO World heritage sites which are definitely worth seeing! Top of this list of course is the rather colourful Pena Palace, which is the most picturesque almost Disney-like palace, sat atop the mountains.
3. Being coastal towns, the seafood here is amazing. These are great places to visit if you want to get amazing and ridiculously fresh seafood cuisine.
4. Along with Portugal, there’s a fantastic and vibrant art scene, which cater to all kinds of art lovers. Art can sometimes come across as something that’s limited to people with specific tastes and experiences but the art scene here ranges from grand master paintings to grungier street art, each of which is an expressive and impressive representation of its genre.
5. The people here are very friendly. Portuguese people are renowned for being fun and laidback but they don’t get much more fun than in Sintra and Cascais where everyone you meet seems ready to help you along your way with a smile, a joke and a recommendation for the best way to get the most out of your holidays.
6. As one of the Southernmost European countries, the weather here is so much better than the weather in pretty much every other European country so you can almost count on being able to have a warmer, sunnier and more fun time than you would in your home country, regardless of when you visit.
7. With lots of connections into Lisbon airport, this is one of the easiest places to visit, not just in Portugal but in Europe!