What Are Europe’s Five Most Awesome Theme Parks?
We know you’re all dying to know, so this week we’re answering the question – in Bravofly’s opinion, what are Europe’s five most awesome theme parks?
There’s only so many museums and castles and city tours any kid can take. If you want a fun family holiday, at some point you’re going to have to give in to their constant nagging and take them to a theme park.
You want them to get the thrill of their lives; ride the big loop-the-loop until their heart’s content, defy gravity as they speed along the rollercoaster track at breakneck speeds and feel their heart leap out of their throats, as they plunge to earth, before shooting off at the pace of a careening bullet. Nowhere quite provides the full theme park experience quite like Europe!
Bravofly’s Pretty Spectacular Top Five Theme Parks!
Of course, some are better than others, and if you want a day to remember for the rest of your life, try one of these top five European theme parks, courtesy of travel gurus Bravofly!
1) Euro Disney: This colossal player of the European theme park world has to be a clear winner. Yes, you’ll shell out a fair bit for a day at Euro Disney in Paris, France, but it’s so worth it! There are a thousand things to do; more than 50 rides and attractions, numerous Disney shows, and the infamous Space Mountain!
2) Port Aventura: If Euro Disney is the king of the European theme parks, Port Aventura is the heir to the throne. Based in the classic Salou tourist town in Costa Dorada, Spain, Port Aventura boasts six major thematic areas, which each provide their own unique take on the theme park experience. If you’re particularly daring try the Shambhala – Europe’s tallest, most scary rollercoaster ever!
3) Phantasialand: Get unlimited fun for the kids at the wallet friendly price of 22 euros per child at Phantasialand. Located in North-Rhine Westphalia, this German fantasyland is sure to have the kids’ heart jumping out of their throats with an array of rides to test even the most courageous of parents’ nerves; particularly, the world’s deepest log flume ride!
4) Gardaland: Italy’s biggest theme park, Gardaland, unsurprisingly located on the shore of the idyllic Lake Garda, is sure to prove a hit with the kids. Its mix of death defying rollercoasters, jaw dropping circus attractions and epic night-time light shows are sure to provide you with memories to treasure forever!
5) Alton Towers: If you don’t want to go too far afield, you have a pretty epic theme park right on your doorstep in Alton Towers. Head to Staffordshire and take a ride on such infamous rollercoasters as ‘The Smile,’ or enjoy the sheer thrill of walking on water inside a large air balloon!
If you want to leave beaming smiles on the face of your kids and craft family memories that’ll last a lifetime, Bravofly suggests you try one of these absolutely awesome European theme parks!